What are dental implants?
One of the most common dental treatments nowadays is the replacement of missing teeth with dental implants. Different options are available and we recommend the best treatments that suit your needs. With high quality dental products from world leading companies, we are able to ensure long lasting results. What matters is your brilliant smile and you, being fully satisfied!
Now patients who are missing teeth have a strong, beautiful alternative to bridges, partials, or full dentures. Dental implants will improve your smile and your lifestyle. They look, feel, and function like natural teeth because of a titanium anchor attached to the jawbone. Implants can also anchor bridges, partials, or full dentures to eliminate slipping.
After a thorough evaluation, Dr. Casco can tell you whether you’re a candidate for dental implants.
- They require adequate bone structure for placement and the Dr can determine this with a Panoramic X-ray.
- Then a procedure that involves oral surgery in which a titanium post is implanted into the jawbone for each missing tooth or for the new teeth that will anchor a bridge or denture.
- Nature will take its course, allowing your bone tissue to fuse with the titanium post. This creates a solid foundation and takes from 3 to 6 months.
- Once the implants are secured, Dr. Casco will take impressions and attach a handcrafted, permanent crown to each post.
- The restorations will match your natural teeth and blend seamlessly with your smile.
The dental implant is placed during an extremely gentle surgery that most people experience as surprisingly painless during and after dental implant treatment. The appearance, feel, and function of your new crowns / bridges are virtually identical to your natural teeth.
THE BASIC STAGES OF THE IMPLANTS:
|1: Before the procedure|
The dentist makes a first examination and takes one or more x-rays of the area to prepare for the procedure.
|2: Installing the implant|
The implant is installed. At this time, a temporary tooth is provided that allows you eat and function like normal almost immediately. The implant will need a few months to integrate with the jawbone before the next step is taken.
|3: Attaching the new crown|
The final step is the placement of the permanent ceramic tooth. The new tooth is installed for life. No additional treatment is needed.
|4: End result|
You should expect the new tooth to fit and function just like a natural tooth. Do your usual dental hygiene to keep the tooth and gum around it clean and healthy.